Monday, February 22, 2010

Snow Day II

Ahhh,
I settle back into the warmth of the comforter for a 10 minute snooze.
Ring!
Ring!
A call this early can only be one of two things;
bad news,
or...
'Bless my Soul'...a Snow Day!

A snow day?

"Hi Mychelle, no school today because of the snow. Bye."
Wait!
No way.
We just had one a few weeks ago.

It wasn't snowing when I went to bed...or was it?

I had been up late revising lesson plans.
Hmmm?

There was that pale light seeping through the blinds of my darkened room.

I move toward the window and twist the wand to open the blinds.
Light flows in.
I pull the cord to raise them.
Well, well, well...

My cell phone hisses a text,
"Yahoo!...for you!!!"
My sister.

She has taken on my father's honored roll.
She is now the breaker of Snow Day news.

To a colleague,
"Good lookin' out with that snow dance,"
I jokingly text.


And then it hit me.
I spent a lot of time on those lesson plans.
Oh no!
I'll have to push the math test back another day.

Some folks are never satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment