Monday, July 16, 2012

Diva Love!

I ring the bell while peering through a glass door.
"Hey Gi-r-l!", coos our hostess as she opens the door and embraces me in a hug. 
 "So glad you could make it!" 

She leads me through the foyer to her spacious living room.

This is my reentry into the Divas Book Club.  
The ladies take turns standing and extending their arms to me.
Their hugs are honest and strong.
I feel as if I've never been away.




We bring ourselves up-to-date over Grapefruit Margaritas 
and then make our way to the dining room 
for dinner and politics.

Oh, I've missed this!

Finally, we discuss possible books for the September meeting.

Seven books 
and a field-trip to the local Barnes and Noble later, 
we decide on one.

The next meeting place?
 My house!




2 comments:

  1. I concur, I always enjoy my self with the ladies of the Diva book club. Thank you to our hostess Makane for such a lovely afternoon and for inviting my sister who recently loss her husband, to come out with us. See yaw'll in September.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderful time...Good food and great company, what a mixture. I am already conterplating our next date. Look out Auburn Hills The Diva's are returning.

    ReplyDelete